Click here to download the PDF
Our Aerospace business is a progressive and rapidly expanding part of the Atkins group. We provide high end technical and project management services to the prime aerospace companies. We are a strategic supplier to both Rolls-Royce and Airbus in the UK and in mainland Europe. As such we are involved in some of the most challenging and exciting aerospace projects in the world:
- Airbus A350 wing
- Airbus A320/A321 wing (sharklet and re-engine)
- Airbus A400M wing
- Airbus landing gear
- Rolls Royce civil aircraft engines (including Trent XWB)
- Rolls Royce naval marine propulsion
- Boeing KC-46 body fuel tank
The position of Aerospace Graduate Engineer is ideally suited to a high calibre engineering graduate who wishes to be challenged and contribute towards the success and growth of the Aerospace division. You will be given the opportunity to provide high quality technical input to our aero-structures and aero-engine projects. We aim to draw on your degree, in particular stress analysis, design, systems, metallic and composite materials, fatigue and damage tolerance, and finite element analysis. In return we can offer career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and a competitive reward package.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
We have opportunities available in Bristol and Glasgow.
- Our Aerospace graduate roles involve a range of activities but graduates would be required to:
- Support the delivery of engineering projects, working as part of a team
- Provide a responsive, customer focused service to external and internal clients
- Perform and deliver allocated project tasks, as directed by their project manager
- Produce high quality, cost effective technical work
- Meet or exceed project cost and programme targets
- Understand the project and business goals and to help achieve them
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in multiple international locations
- Find new and better ways of doing things
- Seek support and guidance in good time when in doubt
- We will consider graduate and doctoral students with a Masters (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Stress Engineering, Structural Engineering, Systems Engineering, Engineering Design or General Engineering. Candidates must have, or be predicted, a 2:1 or above. In addition they must have achieved a minimum of grade ‘B’ at A Level Maths and Physics. Previous Aerospace industry experience or knowledge would be beneficial.
- The Individual
- Drive and self motivation to achieve chartered status and to continue to develop your
technical & behavioural skills
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements