Our selection process aims to ensure we recruit the best people on to our apprenticeship programme and we hope it will offer you the opportunity to showcase your talents and really shine! There are various stages to the process, which are outlined below, try to relax and do your best at each stage of the process – it’s important to us that you have a good experience, one which you will learn from and hopefully enjoy.
The information below will explain the typical route we anticipate our applicants to go through, letting you know what to expect, at what time and what we require from you
Step 1 - Search and apply
- Vacancies are now live
- Our opportunities are advertised by geographical region so you can apply for the vacancy closest to your location
- Read the location and job description carefully as you can only make one application
- When you've found the right position, complete our online application
- Make a note of the closing date and be sure to apply early.
Step 2 - Application review
We will review your application once the closing date has passed. You will receive updates via email at various stages in the process. We will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please note, if you are not selected to progress to this stage you will still be notified. However, due to the high number of applications we are unable to give specific feedback at this stage.
Step 3 - Interview / assessment - final stage
You’ll arrange this at a time that suits you. Here we’ll want to find out more about who you are and why you are interested in a career at Atkins or F+G.
Step 4 - Offer and college registration
If you are successful in the telephone interview you will be invited to attend a half day assessment which will consist of group and individual exercises and a face to face interview. This may be your first experience of an assessment day so one of our team will be in touch to tell you what to expect.
Step 5 - Process timescales
- Here are some general timescales to guide you through the process:
- Apprentice vacancies will remain open until mid-December
- Selection process - September - February
- Assessment centres - December, January and February