Click here to download the PDF
Atkins is delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity to begin a career in Engineering. We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineering Graduate based in our Manchester office.
Atkins is the largest engineering consultancy in the UK and one of the largest design firms in the world. Our teams of engineers work on some of the most challenging and iconic design and engineering projects in the world – including the design of venues for the London 2012 Olympics and the design of the world’s largest airport.
Intelligent transport systems (ITS) are used to add information and communications technologies to transport infrastructure and vehicles which can result in major improvements in safety, network management, information provision, environmental management, integration, accessibility and public perception. As a market leader, Atkins constantly invests to make available best practice and emerging solutions to provide clients with the required outcomes from technology investments. We work with clients both in the UK and overseas, including government at national and local level and private sector transport technology provider’s
The Electrical / Electronic Graduate will work within a team of engineers and will assist with the design of various installations on Highways Agency and Local Authority Networks and support to Strategic Advice. These installations typically include systems such as power, lighting, HA Motorway Communications, Street Lighting, and emergency lighting. System / Communications designs will also be undertaken on Highways Agency and Local Authority systems, covering Signs and Signalling, CCTV, Traffic Signals, inductive loops, and communications infrastructure.
As a Graduate Electrical / Electronic Engineer, you will be working closely with engineering teams to provide technical support to engineers carrying out design work according to client specifications across a variety of sectors.
Duties may include:
- Preparation of simple calculations
- General sizing calculations
- Local Authority systems design
- HA Systems design
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Project Management of work packages
- Production of manual and CAD (Computer Aided Design) drawings
- Undertaking of site surveys
- Report Writing
- Feasibility Studies
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following the BMS
- The drive and self motivation to achieve Chartered Status and to continuously develop your technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Flexible approach to work and ability to make correct judgementes
Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering – achieved or working towards a 2.1 at Masters level