Our aerospace, defence, security and technology (ADST) team works on all kinds of leading-edge projects from submarines to aircraft to GIS.
Who we are
Our clients across the aerospace, defence and security sectors represent some of the biggest names in the UK’s fastest moving industries.
Each of them faces a challenging future with potential disruption, threats and opportunities resulting from the convergence of the physical and digital worlds.
By joining our team, you’ll have the chance to work across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of our nation, or to exploit advanced technology in order to help our clients to not only meet, but embrace these exciting challenges.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career. Whilst our training will help you achieve Professional status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
What you’ll be doing
Our graduate development programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential; you’ll:
• Work across different locations on a variety of projects, constantly developing your skills and experience
• Become a trusted adviser to our customers, getting to understand their goals and delivering innovative solutions to meet their needs
• Use your strong technical skills to find better ways of doing things
• Work towards a recognised professional status
• Seize every opportunity to develop personally and professionally
• Enjoy collaborating within multidisciplinary teams on projects that make a real difference
Who we’re looking for
• Graduates with or a predicted 2:1 or above (Masters/Bachelors) in any of the disciplines highlighted below.
• Proactive and confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
• A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser
• A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries
• Not afraid to show initiative or ask for guidance when you need it, you must be customer focused and commercially aware with a strong attention to detail
• Vision, ambition and the drive to keep on learning
Where you could be
You’ll be able to find a home office from the list below based on your degree, but will need to be UK mobile.
Aldershot - Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Automation and Process Control, Computer Science, Control and Systems, Economics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, GIS, IT, Maths, Operational Research, Physics, Psychology, Software Engineering, Statistics, Systems Engineering
Bristol - Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Automation and Process Control, Computer Science, Control and Systems, Economics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Geography, GIS, Geomatics, IT, Maths, Mechanical Engineering, Operational Research, Physics, Psychology, Spatial Data Analysis, Software Engineering, Statistics, Systems Engineering
Epsom - Automation and Process Control, Communications, Computer Science, Control and Systems Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, IT, Maths, Physics, Systems Engineering
Glasgow - Communications, Electrical/Electronic Engineering,
London - Geography GIS, Geospatial, Geomatics
Silchester - Mechanical Engineering
Please take the above into careful consideration when selecting your location preference. Not all locations may be considering your discipline.
Closing date: Tuesday 28th February 2017.
Please note that our Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering roles are now closed.
Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment please make your application as soon as possible.
Please note to secure an offer in the business area you have selected you will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to security clearance being granted.