Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi-discipline technical services, Atkins is committed to design excellence and delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins Global Design Center (GDC), India is looking for experienced Environmental Consultant.
• Undertake air quality and dust impact assessments and reporting;
• Work within defined, and sometimes challenging, deadlines and budgets;
• Provide support on bids and with business development to help win work for the team;
• Manage their own time and workload in collaboration with other team members;
• Continuously develop their technical skills; and
• Work collaboratively as part of a wider team of other professionals (e.g. environmental scientists, engineers and planners) across Atkins, to provide a consistent and integrated service to our clients.
If you think you are the right person to join our team and can demonstrate the qualifications and experience criteria below, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in a relevant scientific discipline, and preferably also an Masters;
• Demonstrable experience within the UK air quality sector, preferably within environmental consultancy; and
• Full or Associate Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or the necessary qualifications to become such a member.
The following criteria are essential for any role within the team:
• An understanding of air quality legislation, policy and assessment;
• The ability to analyse complex datasets using spreadsheet and GIS based tools;
• The ability to summarise and present air quality issues in a clear and concise way;
• Proficiency in standard IT applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
• An understanding of the importance of health and safety risk management;
Demonstrable experience in the following would also be desirable:
Prior experience of working in air quality consultancy;
• Use of air emissions databases and dispersion models for industrial and/or transport sources (including ADMS Roads, ADMS 5 and / or AERMOD;
• An understanding of the interrelationships with other environmental impact specialisms, e.g. ecology, noise; and of working within mu
• Provide air quality input to a varied range of projects across different sectors;
• Organisation, collation and assessment of desk-based information as part of Phase 1 Desk Studies.
• Assisting in designing or able to design environmental/geo-environmental site investigations, including soil sampling and ground gas/vapour/leachate/groundwater and surface water monitoring/sampling.
• Organising environmental/geo-environmental site investigation and monitoring
• Compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, including preparation of:
o H&S Plans for site investigation and managing health and safety on site.
o Preparing Method Statements, Specifications and Drawings.
• Data Management and sample scheduling.
• Developing conceptual site models and carrying out qualitative and semi--quantitative risk assessments for human health, controlled waters and property receptors under guidance.
• Factual and Interpretative Reporting.
• Scheduling and managing own work to acceptable quality, on time and to budget.
• Working with wider Atkins team in advancing international projects
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering or science subject (e.g. geology, geotechnics, hydrogeology, chemistry, environmental science)
• Masters qualified in a relevant specialism preferred but not essential.
• Be actively working toward chartership with a relevant professional body.
• Demonstrate good, relevant land contamination/brownfield land experience in Phase 1 Desk Studies and Phase 2 Site Investigations
• Knowledge and technical understanding of conceptual site models and generic level risk assessments for controlled waters and human health;
• Able to produce factual and interpretative reports including generic qualitative/ quantitative risk assessment for controlled waters, human health and property receptors.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant codes of practice and industry standards and have broad understanding of environmental legislation.
• Experience of working on former coal gasification or high voltage electricity transmission sites;
• Experience of working under NEC3 contracts,