As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Engineer position in Water & Environment team, working on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from Gurgaon, India.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of technicians, designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned engineering and design consultancy firm.
As a member of the Water & Environment (C&S) team, you will be involved in real projects from day one, with exposure to some of the most challenging projects. We encourage vision, problem-solving, ambition, enthusiasm and drive. We recognize that people are the key to our success and we ensure that we provide them with a varied workload, which will enable them to excel in their career-.
- Reporting to the C&S Team Leader you will be responsible for the designs to ensure you deliver the work to the necessary quality programme and budget
- Responding to client requirements in a receptive and customer focused manner, maintaining high technical quality standards
- Have an aptitude to multi task and to be a self-starter in new business environments and service areas.
- Developing civil detailed designs, Interpret CAD drawings and coordinate with CAD technicians in the production of drawings
- B.E / B. Tech or M.E / M. Tech Civil Engineering degree from a recognized University.
- 2 to 4 years working experience in the water and wastewater consultancy industry
- The ability to think laterally and possess a sound understanding of engineering principles. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and will be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
- Experience of producing feasibility and detailed designs for Water and Wastewater Treatment and infrastructure with experience of large diameter clean water and wastewater pipelines.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications, and produce civil designs, details and schedules.
- Working knowledge of British Standards and Legislation is desirable
- Computer proficiency of Staad, MS office and Outlook software.
- Experience with Robot, Revit, Cads RC would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the water industry
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- Willingness to travel to the UK for short term assignments and training.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments.
- Aspiration to grow with responsibility and manage a growing team of skilled engineers
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients and colleagues alike
- Well motivated and able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments
- Excellent English spoken and written skills within a business environment
Training & Benefits
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We are an accredited Investor in People and run a Continuous Development Programme.
- A competitive salary offered to the right person
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
- Medical Insurance for the employee, family
- Accident Insurance coverage for the employee