Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi-discipline technical services, Atkins is committed to design excellence and delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
We look forward to hearing from acoustic consultants with one to two years of experience in building and/or environmental acoustics to be based in our Bangalore office.
Working as an integral part of the Acoustics team you will be responsible for undertaking acoustic surveys and assessments for exciting infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas. You will have a sound working knowledge of the relevant Standards and Guidelines as well as relevant experience of acoustic monitoring techniques and modelling software.
• You will be expected to provide technical input into the delivery of acoustics projects
• You will be expected to take a lead in the delivery of technical work on time, quality and cost.
• You will liaise with and support the wider Atkins practices and divisions in the UK and overseas.
The ideal applicant would have:
• Degree level qualification in a relevant field
• Demonstrable experience gained in the consultancy environment
• Project delivery experience to a high technical standard
• Associate membership of the Institute of Acoustics
Highly motivated and proactive, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Skilled at collaborative working, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
• Customer focused with a good level of client management skills.
• Have strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage inputs to more than one project at any one time.
• Flexible and prepared to take on new challenges.
• Organisation, collation and assessment of desk-based information as part of Phase 1 Desk Studies.
• Assisting in designing or able to design environmental/geo-environmental site investigations, including soil sampling and ground gas/vapour/leachate/groundwater and surface water monitoring/sampling.
• Organising environmental/geo-environmental site investigation and monitoring
• Compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, including preparation of:
o H&S Plans for site investigation and managing health and safety on site.
o Preparing Method Statements, Specifications and Drawings.
• Data Management and sample scheduling.
• Developing conceptual site models and carrying out qualitative and semi--quantitative risk assessments for human health, controlled waters and property receptors under guidance.
• Factual and Interpretative Reporting.
• Scheduling and managing own work to acceptable quality, on time and to budget.
• Working with wider Atkins team in advancing international projects
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering or science subject (e.g. geology, geotechnics, hydrogeology, chemistry, environmental science)
• Masters qualified in a relevant specialism preferred but not essential.
• Be actively working toward chartership with a relevant professional body.
• Demonstrate good, relevant land contamination/brownfield land experience in Phase 1 Desk Studies and Phase 2 Site Investigations
• Knowledge and technical understanding of conceptual site models and generic level risk assessments for controlled waters and human health;
• Able to produce factual and interpretative reports including generic qualitative/ quantitative risk assessment for controlled waters, human health and property receptors.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant codes of practice and industry standards and have broad understanding of environmental legislation.
• Experience of working on former coal gasification or high voltage electricity transmission sites;
• Experience of working under NEC3 contracts,