At Atkins, our people give us our competitive edge and are trusted to go above and beyond to deliver outstanding solutions to our clients. This ethos is carried through to the Group Company Secretariat where we pride ourselves on delivering consistently high levels of quality and service.
With technical excellence at the centre of what we do, our strong FTSE 250 secretariat endeavours to follow FTSE best practice across the range of services we provide. Our hardworking and friendly team plays an essential role in delivering a best in class service to the board and the Atkins Group. Frequent interaction with our international businesses also provides team members with the opportunity to gain a broad range of subsidiary experience and deep technical skills.
Following a restructure we are seeking to recruit an assistant company secretary join our team.
To assist the Group Company Secretary (and others) in providing a full secretariat service to the Atkins Group of companies, including statutory record-keeping, Companies Act, Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules compliance, together with year-end procedures and ad-hoc projects.
The role sits within the Companies team which has responsibility for listed and subsidiary company governance worldwide. This team, together with an experienced Share Plan team, make up the Group Company Secretariat.
This is a busy role in a friendly team where technical excellence is key. The role will require working extended hours at certain times of the year and in response to specific projects.
Based in Atkins’ London office, with flexible working patterns (including home working) considered. Possibility of travel within the UK as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Dependent on experience duties may include:
- Support for the Group Company Secretary and wider Company Secretariat team in carrying out all the core company secretarial responsibilities of the department, including listed entity statutory compliance, year-end routines and ad hoc projects
- As allocated, contributing to drafting of company secretarial-owned sections of the listed company Annual Report and Accounts
- Providing assistance with the organisation of the AGM and associated documentation
- Investor relations website updates
- Drafting and releasing RNS announcements
- Companies Act and Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules compliance
- Group dividend cash funding
- Incorporation/registration of new entities in the UK and overseas
- Responsibility for subsidiaries within a particular overseas region to ensure compliance of overseas subsidiary companies, branches and other entities with local laws including:
- Statutory documentation/files and Blueprint database records
- Subsidiary board minutes and shareholder resolutions for both ad hoc and routine matters (e.g. bank mandates)
- Statutory returns and accounts
- Working closely with and engaging local third party providers and advisors
- Integration of newly acquired entities
- Liaison with other Group functions as necessary
Supporting the business
- Project/bid support e.g. in connection with the preparation of statements, provision of documentation
- Power of Attorney preparation
- Contract execution
- Assisting with some equity incentives-related tasks
- Assisting with ad hoc administration to M&A and other transactions
- Setting up JVs
- Finalist or fully ICSA qualified
- Practical company secretarial experience in a listed group and, in particular, experience of:
- Assisting with governance for a company listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Supporting the drafting and collation of reports/information for the Annual Report and Accounts of a listed company
- Supporting the drafting of documentation in connection with the AGM of a listed company
- Practical company secretarial experience in an international group environment and, in particular, experience of:
- Setting up new entities
- Managing the administration of UK entities and, ideally, overseas entities
- Excellent company secretarial technical skills
- Self-motivated, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
- Computer literate, preferably with experience of Blueprint OneWorld and Diligent Boards
- Excellent communication skills, especially written English
- Good interpersonal skills required (tact, honesty, integrity, confidentiality, patience and ability to get on well with all levels of staff)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Solid academic record
- Proven capability of prioritising and managing a large and varied workload
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
- Keen to learn and progress
- Professional, friendly approach
- Team player
- Confidence to ask for help
- Orderly method of working/tidiness
- Discreet and confidential
- ‘Can do approach’
Study support provided for completion of the ICSA Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.