Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the construction industry. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
To help realise our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our highly successful team in Stockton, to work with our varied clients across our North Region (NE England, Scotland and Ireland). This is an interesting role offering the ideal person a unique opportunity to grow and develop your career.
Training will be offered through internal and external courses, leading to the RICS Chartered Project Manager qualification. The successful candidate will be expected to have the requisite entry requirements to join a suitable part time, RICS Accredited post graduate project management programme at one of the North East’s Universities.
- A minimum of a 2.2 Honours Degree in any analytical based degree course.
- You’ll have some employment experience that demonstrates your mental agility and suitability for a Project Management Role.
- You will need to be confident communicator and have proven organisational skills; arranging, and accurately recording meetings, you will be able to work independently (with senior support) whilst being pro-active and helping to identify what the next steps are in order to keep the project on track; you will demonstrate a keenness to learn and would want to further your career by working on more challenging assignments in an assistant capacity and/or running your own minor projects.
- You will foster the company ethos positively, collaboratively and professionally.
- This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress. As well as technical competence, we are looking someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, strong commercial awareness and who will provide a first class service to our clients and a commitment to drive new business opportunities.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
As part of your application please provide a written answer the following questions: (No more than 1,000 words per answer)
1. Explain your understanding of the role of the consultant project manager in the construction industry?
2. What are the keys to successful projects and what is the consultant project manager’s role in this?
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
- 25 days’ annual leave (pro rata)
- The option to buy up to 15 days’ additional annual leave per annum
- The option to sell up to five days’ leave per annum
- Employee car ownership scheme
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Professional membership fees paid
- Permanent health insurance
- Personal accident cover
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Discounted gymnasium membership
- Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Faithful+Gould are as committed to diversity as to excellence. Apply now.