Atkins Transportation is our centre of excellence for the design of highway and rail infrastructure projects. We aim to be the first choice designer for local and national highway authorities, Network Rail, contractors and developers. We are working on a number of high profile projects and frameworks nationwide, including Cambridge to Huntingdon A14 upgrade and Smart Motorways programme through the Collaborative Delivery Framework for Highways England, Crossrail, Great Western Electrification Programme, HS2 and related projects.
We now have an opportunity for an Assistant Drainage Engineer to join our team in Swavesey.
- Supporting the lead highways designers on elements of highway design for the A14 project during the construction phase.
- Liaison with other disciplines and teams as required on the project.
- Liaising with other 3rd parties (i.e. key stakeholders) as required on project.
- Ensuring designs are delivered in accordance with current standards & best practices.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- A relevant civil engineering qualification (degree preferred) with 0-2 years post graduate experience.
- The ability to undertake drainage, pavement, signs and/or road restraint systems design under supervision and assist with the delivery of other project elements as required.
- Basic knowledge of the Traffic Signs Manual.
- A basic understanding of the DMRB and MCHW.
- An understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works.
- Knowledge in the use of highway design software packages such as Microdrainage, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, KeySigns, KeyLines, Bentley MX, InRoads, PDS.
- A basic understanding of BIM.
- Previous knowledge & experience of Highways England and Local Authority projects.
- Working towards IEng or CEng status.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.