• Candidates must be Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
• Computer literate and able to work effectively with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum.
• Working towards chartership with the IET or alternative appropriate body
• Master qualified
• Experience in a consultancy environment
• Experience of working on feasibility and outline and detailed design projects
• Experience of working with company policies and standards
• Demonstrable experience within the water engineering sector with experience in both wastewater and water
• Ability to demonstrate design experience of:
o LV electrical design, including MCCs, distribution boards, cable systems etc.
o HV systems including transformers, RMU, circuit breakers
The role of an Assistant Electrical Engineer within the MEP stream will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
• Production of electrical, control and instrumentation design documentation and drawings including:
o Single line diagrams
o Load schedules
o Block Cable diagrams
o Control philosophies
o Instrument schedules
o Control system & communications block diagrams
• Technical report writing
• Adherence to company policies and standards when delivering projects
• Develop opportunities through close liaison with both internal and external Clients
• Technical input into optioneering, scoping, feasibility studies, outline and detailed design projects as well as support as required to other members of the project team
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal line managers and external clients.
• Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
• Positive outlook and approachable manner.
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Able to work as part of a team or in isolation when required.
• Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
• Ability to lead and develop others