Atkins has an opportunity for a Assistant Engineer to join the Rivers, Coastal and Marine Design team in Bangalore.
Rivers & Coastal is part of Infrastructure (Environmental and Water Management) within Atkins Water and Environment
Business. Our clients are both UK and international, and our projects typically fall within one of the following categories:
flood defence; hydraulic structures; ports and maritime. Consequently, Rivers & Coastal staff have a broad range of
science and engineering skills including: river and coastal engineering; hydrology and hydraulics; dams; weirs; hydraulic
gates; ports and maritime engineering.
The ideal candidate for this role will need to be able to demonstrate the following level of skills and experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and/or experience of river and coastal engineering such as design of new flood defences, repairs and
refurbishment of existing structures.
- Knowledge and/or experience of reinforced concrete and steelwork design.
- Awareness of the importance of considering Health and Safety in design and construction and experience of preparing
designers’ risk assessments.
- Knowledge of UK health and safety legislation (such as CDM Regulations 2007).
- Ability to prepare sketches, read and check technical drawings, produced by technicians.
- Able to produce technical reports in English in a clear and concise form.
- Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients and via video conferencing.
- Competent in using IT including Word, Excel, Power-point, emails and the Internet.
- Good presentational skill.
- Managing own time.
- Ability to follow quality procedures and to maintain high quality standards in own work.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and new work procedures.