As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services, WS Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Due to our continuing expansion, our Rail Solutions team now require Assistant Engineer – Railway Traction Power (OLE) to provide design expertise on multi-disciplinary UK projects from our Bangalore/Gurgaon/India Office.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of Engineers / Consultants providing a professional design service to our clients, this is a great opportunity for Engineers to gain additional technical exposure within an internationally renowned consultant. The successful applicant will be provided with the opportunity of working on large scale multidisciplinary UK projects.
- Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering, qualified from a reputable University and technical bodies.
- Typically 3 years for degree holders & 8 years for diploma holders experience in designing railway OHE for main line, junction areas and yard layouts.
- Appreciation of layout design and its interface with cross section design.
- Typically 3 years for degree holders & 8 years for diploma holders experience in allocation of OHLE assemblies and components for cross section design from approved design ranges for OHLE structures, Bridges, and switching cross sections.
- Production of Bills of Quantity.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Application of and familiarity with railway standards.
- Basic knowledge of track profile and signalling requirements.
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office especially Excel, word, power point etc.
- Computer literacy and knowledge in drawing tools.
- Experience of OLE design on UK projects.
- Independently produce designs and allied documents as per standards and specifications.
- Coordinate with project managers / project engineers locally / overseas (UK) as required.
- Produce designs to prescribed timescales and quality.
We encourage career progression and there is the opportunity to further develop your career. We would expect to work with you in developing your career aspirations through staff appraisal, offering a range of opportunities and appropriate training designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.