Our Water team as part of our Infrastructure division is one of the largest in the UK with clients including high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses. We are currently looking for water engineers with experience in the analysis & design of solutions that will improve water infrastructure systems.
The Derby Waste Water Network team requires an Assistant Engineer to support the delivery of a wide range of clean water and urban drainage projects. It will involve the technical input into projects, including modelling, design and performance assessment of clean water and/or urban drainage systems, project management assistance and liaison with other offices and staff.
- Provide support to senior engineers and modellers as well as to industry leading experts.
- Be able to co-ordinate and attend site visits and surveys.
- Develop and use hydraulic models to investigate deficiencies and generate outline hydraulic solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members.
- BSc/BEng in Engineering or BSc in Geography, or other similar relevant qualification.
- Understanding of water infrastructure hydraulic modelling and design principles;
- Good Excel knowledge;
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Bentley Microstation and/or other similar drawing computer packages;
- Use and application of databases (e.g. Access);
- Development of Visual Basic routines and macros in Excel;
- Experience with sewage pumping station, CSO and other sewer ancillary performance assessment;
- Experience with clean water pumping station and clean water network optimisation;
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) knowledge;
- Experience of the UK Water Industry;
- Computer literate with experience of InfoWorks CS/ICM and/or Synergi Water or other relevant modelling software;
- MapInfo or other GIS software;
- Driving Licence.
The successful individual will be looking to learn and develop technically, working towards a professional qualification with ICE or CIWEM. They will be self motivated, enthusiastic and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles. They will be knowledgeable about changes in the Water Industry and implications on design and performance criteria.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Ability to take Ownership;
- Clear Thinking;
- Drive to Deliver;
- Effective Communication;
- Responsible Team Membership;
- Responsible Team Leadership.