In our Newcastle office we have a great opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Geotechnical Engineer to join our experienced team to help deliver a range of projects primarily in the infrastructure sector (roads, rail, water and commercial / industrial development).
As one of the UK’s leading Geotechnical consultancies Atkins offers a comprehensive service in Ground Technology. With more than 300 professionals, Atkins’ geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering. Atkins has an impressive current portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects in the UK and internationally we need to increase our resources to meet the growing demands from our clients, especially in the infrastructure sector.
As a result, we’re looking to grow our team and we are looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future. We have the depth of knowledge and breadth of expertise to help you build a bright career in this exciting and rapidly evolving sector.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
The successful applicant will have a degree in civil engineering or geology preferably with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnical subject.
Candidates should have:
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
- Membership of an appropriate professional organisation and be working towards becoming chartered.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills
- A high motivation to succeed, and to progress and develop their chosen careers
- A flair for innovation
- Good report writing skills and the ability to self-check and to produce high quality and accurate work.
- A clear willingness to travel on short assignments both in the UK and overseas