Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic Licentiate Landscape Architects to join our growing Birmingham-based Landscape and Urban Design team. Our work includes a diverse and expanding portfolio of environment and sustainability focussed high profile projects, including private and public sector city and infrastructure projects.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team environment, this role would suit those with a Masters/Post Graduate Diploma in Landscape Architecture or equivalent experience, interested in supporting design and assessment project delivery from masterplanning and feasibility, through to concept and detail design, and construction.
The successful candidate will be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and graphic design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) complemented by good hand drawing, sketching and word processing skills. 3D software packages as well as BIM compliant packages would also be an advantage. Demonstrating a commitment to the Landscape Institute’s Pathway to Chartership will be encouraged and a full UK driving licence is essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing scaled drawings and drafting reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality
- Preparing specifications for design and construction for hard and soft landscape
- Checking own work for quality and accuracy
- Liaising with client and other professionals to establish landscape brief, LI work stage and scope of work
- Delivering agreed tasks to time and budget
- Undertaking site analysis and survey to advise on constraints and opportunities
- Presenting technical work at meetings
- Identifying potential opportunities for additional work on current and related projects
Please ensure that you provide either a link to your online portfolio or attach a portfolio of your work as part of your application submission in PDF format (size <10mb)
Training & Benefits
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package with training opportunities, experienced Pathway to Chartership mentors and career development opportunities that include technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK’s leading design consultancies.