Atkins York and Derby offices have a strong and growing Permanent Way workload due to current commitments on several large frameworks and multidisciplinary projects across the UK. Our workload and client base is both varied and interesting with our core works comprising line speed & route capacity improvement schemes and S&C remodelling and renewals. In addition to this, the wider Atkins Transportation business is involved in several National Electrification schemes, HS2 and Crossrail Anglia, and some overseas works, further underlining the positive outlook within our Transportation and P Way businesses.
To support this growth, Atkins is looking to recruit Assistant Permanent Way Engineers and Technicians in to the York and Derby offices. The successful candidates will support the Engineers in the production of P Way design schemes, including (but not limited to) undertaking CAD work, preparing reports, site surveys, and undertaking some design works under guidance. The work will be varied and involve feasibility, outline and detailed design schemes. Experience in the use of CAD is a requirement and any experience in using P Way design software (BRT or MX Rail) would be advantageous but is not essential. Appropriate training and support will be provided from within the team and the wider Atkins P Way business to enable staff to develop their skills and capabilities.
The requirements for the role are:
· HNC/HND/Degree Civil Engineering or equivalent
· Experience in the use of CAD (Microstation or AutoCAD)
· Desire to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
· Good communication and listening skills
· Ability to work well within a team and independently
· BRT or MX Rail experience
· Gauging and ClearRoute experience
· Previous involvement / experience in producing Permanent Way designs
· Knowledge of Network Rail and Railway Group standards relevant to P Way design
· Previous experience in the rail industry