Atkins Manchester office has a strong and growing Permanent Way workload due to current commitments on several large frameworks and multidisciplinary projects across the UK. Our workload and client base is both varied and interesting with our core works comprising line speed & route capacity improvement schemes and S&C remodelling and renewals. In addition to this, Atkins North West Transportation business is currently involved in the North West Electrification, HS2, Liverpool Lime Street Remodelling and Weaver to Wavertree projects.
To support this growth, Atkins is looking to recruit Assistant Permanent Way Engineers and Technicians in to the Manchester office. The successful candidates will support the Engineers in the production of P Way design schemes, including (but not limited to) undertaking CAD work, preparing reports, site surveys, and undertaking design works under guidance. The work will be varied and involve feasibility, outline and detailed design schemes. Experience in the use of CAD is a requirement and any experience in using P Way design software (BRT or MX Rail) would be advantageous but is not essential. Appropriate training and support will be provided from within the team and the wider Atkins P Way business to enable staff to develop their skills and capabilities.
The requirements for the role are:
· HNC/HND minimum or equivalent
· Experience in the use of CAD (Microstation or AutoCAD)
· Good computer literacy and proficiency in use of Microsoft Windows and Office
· Desire to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
· Good communication and listening skills
· Ability to work well within a team and independently
· BRT or MX Rail experience
· Gauging and ClearRoute experience
· Previous involvement / experience in producing Permanent Way designs
· Knowledge of Network Rail and Railway Group standards relevant to P Way design
· Previous experience in the rail industry
ENGTECH accreditation from either the ICE or PWI