Are you looking to start your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the property, infrastructure, nuclear and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
Faithful+Gould is looking to recruit a high calibre Assistant Quantity Surveyor based in Macclesfield. The successful candidate will join an established team of multi-disciplinary practitioners and will be supported in career development through a structured training programme.
Our projects range in value from £0.5m to £20m+, with a variety of high profile clients giving our team a diverse and exciting workload. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in a growing, dynamic and sociable office. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards. This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title.
You will be asked to:
- Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion
- Develop your knowledge and experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/client.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
To join us you’ll need:
- A BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- Conversant in general aspects of quantity surveying such as contracts, estimating processes, measurement of quantities, valuations and final accounts.
- A well rounded understanding of pre and post contract construction.
- A willingness to develop your career through our structured training programme.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with Clients).
- A willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- Full driving licence required with car
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Reward and Benefits
Faithful+Gould offer competitive packages in line with the current market. A number of non-contractual benefits are also available which are intended to provide support to extra-curricular activities or domestic needs. The overall package will include a range of benefits and the flexibility surrounding what is available will be discussed at interview.
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
- Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
- Attractive pension scheme
- Car Allowance
- Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Professional membership fees paid
- Income Protection
- Personal accident cover
- Give as you earn scheme
- Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
- Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- IT related discounts
- Mobile phone discounts
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now