Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Are you looking to start your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the property, infrastructure, nuclear and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our expanding Bristol Office Commercial Services team to deliver projects to the highest standards and strengthen our commercial capability, which in turn will provide opportunities for your personal development and career growth. You will be joining a vibrant team working with a broad range of clients.
Our Bristol Office delivers projects ranging from nuclear power stations to school campuses. Our ongoing relationship with these clients has led to an increase in project volume, and opportunities, within the office and the wider region.
Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards. This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title.
You will be asked to:
• Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion
• Develop your knowledge and experience as a Quantity Surveyor
• Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents
• Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/client.
• Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
To join us you’ll need:
• BSc In Quantity Surveying or enrolled on an equivalent degree course
• Numerically accurate Logical and concise application of technical surveying principles as directed and under guidance
• Ability to demonstrate some application of a number of aspects of Quantity Surveying functions
• Continual improvement in the general knowledge of the construction industry and Industry Sector
• Developing a commercial/contractual language
• Sensible referral of problems to Team Leader/Senior Staff
• Increasing awareness of contractual obligations, breaches and remedies
• Competent of taking ownership of small projects with minimum supervision
• IT literate in Word/Excel and Estimating/Measurement/Cost control software
• Self disciplined and motivated
• Aptitude for a logical approach to problems and work generally
• Flexibility on being office or client/site based
Training and Development
With a reputation for innovation and leadership, Faithful+Gould is committed to providing training and career development opportunities to all of our employees through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Our structured APC scheme has a pass rate of 85%, significantly above the RICS average pass rate of 67%. We also support Continuous Professional Development and provide regular lunchtime CPD talks.
You will be given the opportunity to gain experience and qualifications in your chosen field of expertise to assist in strengthening your skills, knowledge and abilities. You will also have the opportunity to work in different service areas of our diverse business from your home office, as well as other office locations or project sites. Faithful + Gould are accredited Investors In People.
In addition to annual personal development appraisals and regular meetings to review training and development requirements, you will be able to take advantage of our dedication to promoting internally, utilising a structured approach to assess internal candidates’ suitability for senior roles.
• Candidates should have a right to work in UK, although we will consider obtaining a Work Permit, if appropriate
• Driving Licence desirable
Rewards and Benefits
• 25 days annual leave per annum
• Contributory pension scheme (age related)
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Access to Atkins Sports and Social club
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Personal accident insurance
• Give as you earn scheme
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
• Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• IT related discounts
• Mobile phone discounts
• Employee Referral Bounty Scheme