Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
Atkins is looking for Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE) for the Al Ain office. The Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE) is responsible for the day to day operation of the project. In the absence of the Resident Engineer, the ARE will assume his duties. The specific duties of the ARE will be assigned directly by the Resident Engineer
- Qualifications: Civil Engineering Graduate. Knowledge/Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience.
- Coordination with the Contractor’s supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence and method of work.
- Co-ordinate and communicate with RE regarding progress of works, materials and method statements.
- Co-ordinate and co-operate with Clients representative every time during inspection and site visit.
- Co-ordinate with Contractor’s Engineer regarding request routing, checking, testing and calculations for approved works.
- Review of Inspector’s daily reports, Preparation of engineer’s daily Diary.
- General oversight of inspectors’ daily activities including work assignments, on site performance and guidance on the site performance, and guidance on the supervision of the Contractor’s operations.
- Review of the Contractor’s joint measurement and testing requests and subsequent completed reports.
- Review and approval of the Contractor’s Shop Drawings as delegated by the Resident Engineer.
- Monitoring the performance of the survey party.
- Review and approval of the contractor’s proposed materials and methods as delegated by the Resident Engineer
- Preparation of Minutes of Meeting as delegated by the Resident Engineer. Monitoring conformance with the Contractor’s schedule.
- Continuous Field Inspections of the work in progress and consultation with both the Engineer’s and Contractor’s supervisory staff.
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive tax free salary for the right candidate
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 26 calendar days annual leave (6 Days working)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin