Due to local business growth, we are seeking an additional assistant engineer for our Peterborough office.
Working for the Networks and Drainage Engineering Practice, you will be responsible for drainage design and project management on a variety of related projects. Principally you will be working on schemes involving public sewerage systems, highways drainage, initial investigation, computer modelling, option evaluation and detailed design for construction.
Projects may also include drainage from highways, commercial, residential and public buildings including connections to public sewers, local watercourses and soakaways using both traditional and SUDS solutions
The ideal candidate for this role will need to be able to demonstrate the following level of skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other appropriate qualification.
- A sufficient level of post graduate experience in design consultancy work.
- Recently chartered or approaching Chartership.
- Able to produce technical reports in a clear and concise form.
- Experience of Water Engineering Detail Design including structural design.
- Highways Drainage experience.
- Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients.
- Competent in using IT including Word, Excel, Power-point, emails and the Internet.
- Able to work with and manage junior engineers and technicians.
- Good presentational skills.
- Responsible for preparation of briefs, scope of works etc.
- Completion of technical tasks as appropriate to complete works
- Liaison with clients and other outside organisations (e.g. Environment Agency, Building Control, Local Authority Planners, Water Authorities, Highways Agency, etc.
- Carrying out all tasks in accordance with Atkins Quality Assurance procedures.
- Using relevant software packages – MicroDrainage, Mapinfo, WinDes and InfoWorks experience would be advantageous.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.