We are currently recruiting for an Associate Architect to be based from our Warrington office with the opportunity to work from our Manchester office. Ideally with a substantial portfolio of award-winning completed schemes using a combination of digital design techniques and excellent hand-drawn sketches.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear ability and proven track record of working as part of a team to deliver exceptional results aligned with strategic business ambitions with excellent communication skill with the ability to positively influence decisions. They will be a proactive & energetic team member, with the clear aspiration to become a team leader, able to motivate those around them to deliver exceptional results.
The successful candidate will work locally, nationally and internationally win and deliver work and there will be a requirement for flexibility in respect of travel and location based on project and business demands. #SK2
- Representing the business at networking events, etc.,
- Secure work through bidding and developing compelling design concepts.
- Experience of managing and preparing bids and tenders.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with key existing and prospective internal and external clients
- Proven track record of identifying, bidding and winning high quality work opportunities.
- Proven track record of developing business connections and opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities and supporting the development of winning bids.
- Good experience of lead coordinator role, delivering projects at all stages.
- A creative designer with an appreciation of technical delivery.
- Ability to confidently engage with clients and stakeholders.
- Fully conversant with Autodesk Revit
- Experience working in a BIM environment.
- Practical working knowledge of MS Office products or other similar software package.
- Practical working knowledge of SketchUp or other similar software package.
- Practical working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other similar software package.
- Manage and inspire a team through strong, courageous and appropriate leadership.
- A resourceful, articulate and clear communicator with the ability to influence others
- Appreciation of Autodesk Revit 2015
- Mass modelling skills in a BIM environment.
- Knowledge of advanced features of digital/computational design.
- Fat pen / hand drawn sketching.
- Good knowledge of our competitors, understand our market differentiators and help to shape them.
- Identify and respond to project and commercial risks and opportunities.
- Knowledge and ability to deliver, as part of team, work within competitive fee scales.
- Proven track record in delivering margin/profit
- Lead projects as a creative designer.
- Liaise with key clients and be capable of discussing design/technical solutions to stakeholders including technical and non-technical clients.
- Successful delivery of projects to a high level of quality and Client satisfaction acting as Lead Consultant/Design Manager
- Taking ownership of individual schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
- Successfully communicate schemes in a mixed portfolio of media to Clients, Contractors, co-consultants and stakeholders ensuring the level of information / discussion is appropriate to the audience.
- Have an understanding of tested, new and innovative materials and technologies, making informed decisions on their use and specification.
- Be fully competent in the creation of NBS Specifications, Risk Assessments and other Contract Documents. #SK2
- Ensure that projects are sufficiently resourced, flagging up any problems and issues to the Team Leader.
- Be responsible for self-learning through CPD seminars or other recognised methodologies.