Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint an Associate Civil Engineer to provide technical leadership for heavy civil engineering designs across our major projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range building and infrastructure projects. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Education and Rail. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring exciting opportunities to influence a project from beginning to end.
This key post will be based out of our Epsom office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
- Design Team Leader for civil and structural designs
- Provide leadership from both a technical delivery and people management perspective
- Liaison with clients around technical solutions to heavy civil engineering challenges
- Production and review of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes
- Co-ordination with other discipline inputs into design solutions
- Ensuring successful delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Preparation of project briefs and scopes of work
- Management of sections / projects to programme and budget
- Management and development of engineers and technicians
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
- Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer
- Significant demonstrable experience within a Heavy Civil Engineering Design environment
- Knowledge of current design codes relating to Civil and Heavy Civil Engineerin
- Extensive reinforced concrete design experience
- Proven track record in design delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of successful Client Management
- Specialist blast and structure design
- Experience of seismic design
- Experienced in supporting the development of engineers and technicians
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who require flexibility. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.