This specific opportunity is in our Abu Dhabi office, the capital of the United Arab Emirates and also the cultural centre. The office has over 100 project, programme and cost management professionals working across for the emirates for multiple clients on a range of hospitality, leisure, retail, residential, industrial , transport and infrastructure projects valued to US$ billions. Joining this team of professionals you would have the unrivalled opportunity to work alongside an award winning organisation shaping the built environment of Abu Dhabi for the future.
Due to our continued success in the Abu Dhabi we are now seeking to recruit a young, ambitious Associate Director to join an already established professional commercial services team, committed to technical integrity, innovation and development of its people, within our growing "Lifestyle" department for delivery of secured leisure developments.
Hands on management of a specialist team and responsibility for:
- Feasibility studies (cost per key, cost per m2 etc.);
- Cost Planning and estimating (BCIS and NRM1);
- Value Engineering, cash flow forecasts, Whole Life Costing, risk management;
- Bills of Quantities production (NRM 2, POMI and CESSM3);
- Tender services including compilation, tender analysis, negotiations and recommendations;
- Contract drafting (FIDIC).
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs;
- Interim valuations and payment certificates;
- Variations analysis, recommendations and management;
- Risk and value management and cost control functions;
- Costs analysis project work;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparation of progress/ cost reports;
- Reporting to Commercial Director on all commercial issues;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations;
- Attendance and representation at commercial meetings.
- Utilising your existing industry connections within the region to identify new business opportunities
- Preparation of RFPs for client consideration (fees, technical and commercial qualifications etc.)
- Assisting Regional Director in maintaining existing client relationships and securing new awards from existing clients
- Recruitment of key staff to grow Commercial Services business to meet client requirements
- Coordination with internal departments (legal, bid team, sector heads etc.) to ensure rigorous Stage Gate/ audit procedures are complied with
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Worldwide Faithful+Gould has access to over 2,500 consultants, of whom 500+ are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- MRICS status is a must. This is non-negotiable;
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised UK or similar university;
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong or Malaysian experience;
- Must have consultant experience for minimum of 6 years';
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is required;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Able to work on own or managing a team for project deliverables as project dictates;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional membership fees
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
Apply and the Process:
- We are currently looking for Project Administrator to support our F+G business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end 31st January 2017.
- Below is the link to apply for the job: