Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects.
Our skills include the expansive area of Architecture and Interior Design for which we are looking for candidates to join our design studios who are excited about working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Lead an architectural design team in the architectural design of one and possibly more projects. Take responsibility to coordinate with structural engineers, building services engineers, infrastructure and other sub consultants and specialists, and coordinate with other consultants/engineering disciplines.
- Report to Design Director or Operations Director on a regular basis regarding progress, design, quality, resources, changes, site issues, planning issues, fee issues, etc. Report to the Directors/Senior Manager for all production work and to aim for excellence in design quality and documentation, and match or better Atkins QA standards.
- To actively and positively take part in business development for the company. Find new and maintain existing Client relationships, and strive for repeat work from our clients.
- Attend networking events, industry events, Professional Association and other activities to promote our business and market our brand.
- To conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of work, quality, layout and notes by checking oneself and your teams, before review by the Design Director/Senior Manager, as well as the coordination of drawings amongst your team and other disciplines.
- To alert the Directors when elements of the design or details are not working and offer solutions to these.
- Be responsible for contract documentation, statutory submission document production and submission, and Government discussions leading to approval.
- To show commitment to raising Atkins design standards.
- To keep abreast of the latest software enhancements to increase productivity and to share this knowledge with ones colleagues.
- To actively strive to improve your skills in design by looking for opportunities to further prove yourself whenever you see such opportunities arise. Always discuss and agree any such initiatives with your Senior Manager before proceeding.
- Minimum B.Arch, M.Arch, B.Sc in Architecture, Diploma in Architecture (min 5 to 6 years of university study) and with more than 10 years post graduate experience.
- Professional Qualifications (RIBA, HKIA, China Class 1 (NBAA), Commonwealth Association of Architects, USA, Australia (AACA), NZ (NZRAB), and registration ARB. Relevance to HK. Otherwise indicate other Professional Qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on Railway Projects
- Working knowledge of codes and regulations.
- Experience in Business Development for infrastructure projects, experience in Asian market is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the following software ispreferred: AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, Microstation, Rhino (preferable), 3D Studio/Vis, as well as MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint.