Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career aspirations are met in full.
As part of our continuous expansion into the UK market we are looking for an Associate Director of Building Surveying to consolidate and grow our Building Surveying offering in the Midlands.You will work closely with the office Directors and existing teams to deliver the business plan strategy and maintain growth within the market.
You will need experience of managing consultancy teams on behalf of the client and should possess demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Managing and delivering consultancy services to the Building Surveying market.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the business in the Midlands.
- Key client account management for high profile projects.
- Ability to manage and develop a team of dynamic people across multiple sites.
Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards. This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title.
- Be a focal point and figurehead for part of the well-established building surveying team.
- Contribute to the strategic plans for the business and help maintain and develop business for the future.
- Maintain service quality standards and a culture of continuous improvement and constructive expertise.
- Take ownership for some key projects and the account management and customer care for major clients.
- New business proposals and tendering, liaising with the marketing team to ensure highest quality marketing and promotional materials.
- Collaboration with other service streams, sectors and the wider F+G and Atkins business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our commercial advantage
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients, acting as primary interface to help build clients' confidence in the team.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Playing an instrumental role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities.
- Controlling workload and resources.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
- Managing and guiding teams to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function. Managing others including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Providing guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members.
- Competently communicating and interacting with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- To hold a relevant construction qualification and be a professional member of a recognised professional institution i.e. RICS.
- A track record of generating opportunities and winning new work.
- To have the ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- The ability to demonstrate a highly motivated, pro-active approach to work matters.
- Detailed knowledge of working within the Building Surveying and Consultancy Services market.
- Management experience of successful project delivery from inception to handover.
- Ability to manage and develop a team.
- Experience of client management and development.
- Ability to deal with Clients and/or the business at a senior level
- Attend sector led events locally and nationally to promote the F+G business
- Driving Licence/Level of mobility required in the role.
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
- Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
- Company pension scheme.
- Car Allowance
- BUPA Healthcare
- Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Professional membership fees paid
- Income Protection
- Personal accident cover
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- IT related discounts
- Mobile phone discounts
Faithful+Gould encourage and facilitate excellence and will work with you to ensure you realise your maximum potential. A portfolio of training and development activities are available which have been designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Faithful+Gould is accredited Investors In People and forms part of the Atkins Group, recently named as one of the 'Top 20 Best Big Companies to Work For' in the UK by The Sunday Times.