“We are a forward thinking business - continually looking to innovate, and never standing still.” Anthony, building services engineer
This is an exciting position to help lead our Warrington office and support the continued growth in the Manchester/Warrington market. By building sustainable strategic relationships to yield significant benefits to both the clients and Atkins, and anticipating their future requirements develop compelling value propositions through internal capability and external professional collaboration. Identifying the addressable spend, driving growth in sales and margin across the Atkins portfolio of capabilities to win a greater share of the client budget.
You will have experience in the Manchester market and will take a lead role in providing both technical and team leadership for buildings and infrastructure related projects within the North West region - taking up a lead role on national, local and global engineering projects.
The role will involve a focus on both project delivery and building client relationships in order to maximise client satisfaction and secure future work opportunities. The role will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply leadership, knowledge, experience and problem solving skills to contribute to the development of the Atkins Infrastructure regional business.
- Degree qualified in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline and Chartered with a relevant institution (or equivalent qualification)
- A well rounded Electrical/Mechanical Building Services Engineer of high technical standing
- A Track record of leading and winning work opportunities within the Manchester market
- Customer focused with a high level of relationship management skills Extensive project experience, necessitating high levels of technical competence
- Demonstrable experience of developing strategic relationships with clients and finding ways to add significant value to the client’s agenda
- Experience working on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects with experience of concept, scheme, detail design and project delivery particularly in the Commercial, leisure and residential sectors
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team
- Significant experience working in a design consultancy, across a range of sectors – particularly within education, commercial and residential sectors
- Able to demonstrate experience of building effective networks both internally and external to the organisation
- Ability to manage projects and design commissions relating to building services including project finances
- Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge
- Entrepreneurial in deeply understanding client needs and identifying high margin service offerings to cater for their particular issues and needs
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to understand and express technical concepts clearly and accurately
- A pro-active decision maker with a confident yet diplomatic operating style
- A resourceful, articulate and clear communicator who has the ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense - a natural team player
- Working knowledge and use of relevant software packages including Revit, Hevacomp, Amtech, IES, etc
- Commercially aware and capable of identifying and securing internal and external project opportunities.
- Taking commercial responsibility for delivery by the Building Services team engaged on projects.
- Taking a long term strategic view of business growth.
- Leading and contributing to project bids in compliance with business guidelines
- Project Cost Control
- Generates good working relationships with internal and external clients and develops a client relationship management strategy.
- Takes responsibility for key client management for specific clients.
- Manages others performance to ensure customers receive a good service.
- Provides management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for the Building Services team engaged on projects.
- Undertakes appraisals and personal development plans for selected team members.
- Shapes the teams with good team leader skills in order to grow the business.
- Recognises and develops talent in others; leads by example.
- Can identify and nurture talent in others to build a high performing and technically sound team
- Assumes full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services team output on projects.
- Familiar with relevant industry standards and guidelines
- Comfortable in communicating and challenging other design team members to arrive at the optimum Building Services design solution.
- Has an engineering design background and able to fully demonstrate an ability to design and lead Electrical/Mechanical and Building Services teams.
- Extensive Electrical/Mechanical design experience in the local construction industry and recognised as a leading figure.
- Able to demonstrate a full understanding of the key Building Services design considerations when working on projects.
- Able to represent the company as an expert witness on Electrical/Mechanical services matters
- Established in the local market place, with a strong reputation and recognised as a “Consultant of choice”
- Produces and implements discipline tactical marketing plans and ensure monthly business activities are undertaken regularly.
- Develops marketing material, bid documents
- Customer focussed and builds, maintains and nurtures a high profile client base
When you join our Infrastructure division, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. You’ll work with a growing team nationwide, who are all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people. Whether it’s an airport, transport interchange, university campus or the world’s first tidal lagoon, you’ll find that no project is too big or complex for us to handle.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations