We are looking to appoint an Associate Director into our London and South East Building Services practice, based in Epsom or London Euston. This is an exciting role to take the lead on one of our key sectors in Rail.
You will work closely with bid teams to capture internal and external business opportunities in the above referenced sectors. You’ll have the capability to take a brief, provide a comprehensive Building Services bid response and manage a team to deliver project design services.
When you join our Infrastructure division, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. You’ll work with a growing nationwide team who are all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people. Whether it’s an airport, transport interchange, university campus or the world’s first tidal lagoon, you’ll find that no project is too big or complex for us to handle.
- Degree qualified in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline and Chartered with a relevant institution
- Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge
- Significant experience in the Rail market
- A well astute Electrical/Mechanical Building Services Engineer of high technical standing
- Extensive project experience, necessitating high levels of technical competence
- Experience working on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team
- Good commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation
- Customer focused with a high level of relationship management skills
- Confident ability with good communication skills and a professional approach to clients and other Atkins employees
- Ability to collate information and have a clear and structured approach to report writing
- Commercially aware and capable of identifying and securing internal and external project opportunities.
- Takes commercial responsibility for the delivery of the Building Services team engaged on projects.
- Takes long term strategic view of business growth.
- Bidding for project opportunities in compliance with business guidelines
- Project Cost Control.
- Generates good working relationships with internal and external clients and develops a client relationship management strategy.
- Takes responsibility for key client management for specific clients.
- Manages others performance to ensure customers receive a good service.
- Provides management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for the Building Services team engaged on projects.
- Undertakes appraisals and personal development plans for selected team members.
- Shapes the teams with good team leader skills in order to grow the business.
- Recognises and develops talent in others; leads by example.
- Can identify and nurture talent in others to build a high performing and technically sound team
- Assumes full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services team output on projects.
- Familiar with relevant industry standards and guidelines
- Comfortable in communicating and challenging other design team members to arrive at the optimum Building Services design solution.
- Has an engineering design background and able to fully demonstrate an ability to design and lead Electrical/Mechanical and Building Services teams.
- Extensive Electrical/Mechanical design experience in the construction industry and recognised as a leading figure.
- Able to demonstrate a full understanding of the key Building Services design considerations when working on projects.
- Able to represent the company as an expert witness on Electrical/Mechanical services matters.
- Produces and implements discipline tactical marketing plans and ensure monthly business activities are undertaken regularly.
- Develops marketing material, bid documents etc
- Customer focussed and builds, maintains and nurtures a high profile client base