As part of the Atkins’ Senior Team this team member leads a design group and is ultimately accountable responsible for the management and Design of large scale projects all Design Stage. The Associate Director / Principal Architect acts as Atkins Accountable Lead Designer and Clients main point of contact. With main focus to deliver unique contemporary Design Options / Projects in agreement with the Client
Line of Reporting
- Architectural Design.
- Team Leading.
- Bidding. (Support Win Work Team as necessary)
- Departmental operations management.
- Business development.
- Client interface.
- Resource Planning.
- Performance Evaluation.
- Design Coordination.
- Interface with Statutory Authorities. (ATK)
- Design research.
- Design reviews.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and Technical Accountable for steering, Coordinate and drive the design philosophy and approach of the entire project for All Disciplines in all Design Stages.
- Contribute to Atkins’ leadership by representing the company at conferences and events with the aim of promoting the company’s work and philosophy both locally and internationally.
- Build a network of professional relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Actively participate in marketing and business development.
Qualities and Skills required
- Ability to fulfill all the above duties and responsibilities.
- Outstanding architectural Front end design skills.
- Extensive project / Design experience all disciplines.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to make critical decisions.
- Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
- Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Full understanding of Atkins’ commercial management of projects and ability to transmit the same to others.
- Full understanding of risk management and ability to transmit the same to others.
- Commitment to innovation and design excellence.
- Commercial and management understanding.
- Entrepreneurial skills with insight into market, design and technology trends.
- Full understanding of scope definition and scope interface and ability to transmit the same to others.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Full knowledge of Atkins’ standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
- Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
- Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
- Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
- Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
- Ability and will to update knowledge.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
Qualities and Skills preferred
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program.
- M.arch (B.Arch or B.Sc) in Architecture.
- Minimum 15-20 years post graduate experience.
- UAE Society of Engineers membership.
- International Accreditation (RIBA, AIA or equivalent).
- Sustainability Certification (LEED, PQP or equivalent).