Associate Director, Rail Asset Management
Asset Management is one of Atkins priorities for growth. Within our Transport Asset Management practice we are growing our strategic asset management business and capability across the sector and are now seeking an Associate Director to focus on the Rail market and advisory work. The role will be to support current projects, drive forward our market strategy and help grow business by identifying and realising future opportunities.
Atkins has a strong record in asset management and provides advisory services across the many sectors both in the UK and overseas. In our transportation practice work we work at a strategic level in Highways, advising Government bodies, Highways England and Local Authorities. In Rail we work with Central and Local Government bodies, Transport Authorities, Network Rail and Train Operators. We work across the Atkins Group and support the development of new services and new capability to meet emerging needs of our clients and are committed to playing our part in ‘shaping the future of transportation’.
The role will entail work across the asset management lifecycle but predominantly focus on supporting clients to achieve higher effectiveness and greater efficiency. This features development of asset management strategy, organisational capability and structure, and a whole range of strategic asset management processes such as investment decision making, risk assessment and contingency planning, lifecycle and value optimisation, and asset systems performance monitoring.
The role will be based in London or Birmingham. Regular travel to other UK offices and occasional overseas travel forms part of this role.
• Degree in a relevant Engineering or other relevant discipline
• Chartered professional status, Masters level qualification, or equivalent
• Excellent understanding of UK Rail industry and stakeholders
• Significant experience of managing teams, business plans and budgets in the rail industry
• Entrepreneurial approach to building business and winning the confidence of clients
• Ability to work in a client facing environment
• Good communication skills and strong in report writing
• Experienced in project lifecycles as project manager, project director or portfolio client
• Market engagement, business development and project bidding activities
• Supporting the strategic development of the practice
• Developing practice capability, skills and competence
• Leading and delivering assignments for clients
• Experience of working in an Engineering or Management Consultancy practice
• Good links and relationships with people across the Rail sector
• Asset management experience across other sectors
• Masters level qualification in Marketing or Business