We are a forward thinking business - continually looking to innovate, and never standing still.” Anthony, building services engineer
We are looking for an Associate Electrical Engineer to join our established Building Services team in the London and South East region, to be based in our Epsom or London Euston office.
As part of our electrical engineering team, you’ll get the chance to put your own ideas and innovations into place on high profile major projects including the Dubai Metro and Gatwick Pier 6. You can really make your mark on the buildings and infrastructure that are making the world we live in a better place for all.
This will be an excellent opportunity for a keen individual to progress within one of the UK’s leading engineering companies and get involved in projects across a variety of sectors. #MK
- BSC/BEng or equivalent in building services engineering or related subjects/suitable equivalent experience
- Significant experience working on Building Services projects
- Ideally Chartered
- Experience of working in a large design consultancy
- Experience in the design and delivery of medium to large scale projects
- Ability to manage a technical team at a senior level within an engineering design consultancy practice
- High level of technical skill in Electrical Building Services
- Experience of dealing with clients, building strong working relationships
- Commercially focused
- Experience of working in a Multi-Discipline environment and good understanding of co-ordination and interfaces with other disciplines
- Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language
- Able to innovate new solutions as well as applying existing solutions to problems
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- A confident and articulate communicator, with good verbal and presentation skills
- Project management experience ensuring work is delivered on time and to budget
- To lead delivery on Electrical Building Services design on UK and international projects with a good understanding of International standards
- Act as Project Manager on engineering projects
- Motivate and develop the Building Services team to consistently deliver excellent performance
- Strategic technical decision making and strategic technical direction to the electrical team
- Establish and develop strong client relationships with new clients and build relationships with existing clients, securing repeat business and identifying opportunities to sell new services
- Coordination between the M&E Disciplines and across the multi discipline team.
- Ensure Electrical design quality is maintained
- Own resource schedule for your projects and liaise with other team leaders to maximise staff utilisation and Multi-discipline opportunities
- Lead bids for M&E and Multidiscipline projects
- Ownership of commercial reporting for your projects as Project Manager with emphasis on accurate forecasting of costs as well as income
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.