The Transportation Civil Engineering team in Warrington undertakes a wide range of commissions for a variety of Clients, from initial feasibility through to detailed design and implementation support. Typical projects currently being undertaken include station enhancement schemes, re-signalling schemes and depot construction schemes. Such projects require the team to undertake a range of surveys, produce design drawings, calculations, technical specifications and reports, and work closely with the client.
Atkins are seeking an Associate within our Warrington Transportation design office who is able to demonstrate strong technical and project management skills within multi-disciplinary highway and / or railway civil engineering projects.
The role will require a highly experienced and flexible candidate who is able to lead or function of varying size delivering all types of multi-disciplinary highway and / or railway civil engineering projects.
Atkins is passionate about developing the next generation of engineers and would also see an important part of the role being the transfer of knowledge and skills toward the development of staff. As such a demonstrable dedication in this regard would be advantageous.
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience: -
• Civil or Structural Engineering degree (or equivalent).
• Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE).
• Relevant experience within a design consultancy environment.
• Responsibility for management of technical design quality and delivery.
• Ensure successful delivery of projects by co-ordinating cross-discipline interfaces.
• Maintaining thorough comprehension of relevant standards and regulations.
• Capable of working within a design team, both locally, nationally & internationally and potentially mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues in technical engineering design excellence.
• Skilled in the practices of people and project management.
• Client liaison and third party management.
• Project management and control.
• Awareness of consultancy financial management practices and procedures.
• Maintaining and developing client relationships whilst working on projects.
• Preparation of pre-qualification responses, proposals and tenders.
You will also possess the following personal skills/qualities: -
• A high expectation of performance for themselves and the design group.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity.
• Ability to work collaboratively across the business.
• Highly skilled in the practice of project and people management.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.