To support the continued growth of our Infrastructure Business, our Leeds Office is seeking to recruit an experienced Associate Structural Engineer with a proven track record of winning work in the North of England. With a substantial portfolio of completed schemes across a range of markets the successful candidate will likely be already operating at Senior Engineer / Associate level.
You will be a Chartered Civil or Chartered Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful technical and commercial delivery of design projects from feasibility through to completion of construction/handover. As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the technical direction, resourcing, mentoring and assurance of structural engineering team. Credibility, competence, agility and technical excellence are required. The role requires close working with our internal and external clients, decision makers, industry stakeholders and other consultants to develop robust design solutions through collaborative and proactive management of client demands - providing leadership from both a technical delivery and people management perspective is imperative.
An independent results focused marketer able to identify and convert opportunities in our Tier 1 markets of Higher / Further Education (Colleges and Universities), Cities & Development (Civic, Culture, Offices, Retail, Leisure) and Transportation.
The successful candidate will work locally, nationally and internationally to win and deliver work and there will be a requirement for flexibility in terms of travel and location based on project and business demands.
- Strong and robust personality with experience of team leadership working as part of a team.
- Ability to engage with Clients and Stakeholders to develop relationships and win work.
- Degree qualified, and either a Chartered civil or structural engineer
- A good level of previous engineering design experience is essential. This should include analysis of structures and detail design of elements in all major materials
- Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Customer focused and a high level of relationship management skills
- Proven capability technically delivering Civil and Structural engineering projects
- A good track record in stakeholder management and dealing with clients on a regular basis
- You will be driven to meet targets, and have a high level of commercial awareness and will have demonstrated the ability to work within budget and programme
- Experience of leading teams of professional staff including developing/mentoring junior engineers
- Candidates should have a very strong technical background, including first principles analysis and knowledge and use of relevant UK and international codes and standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build and develop relationships internally and externally
- Design of concrete and steel structures using British codes and standards is essential and knowledge of European and US codes desirable
- Good standard of written English and the ability to write clear technical reports.
- Lead and support business development, work winning and bidding functions.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with key existing and prospective Clients
- Technical responsibility for structural engineering design delivery on a range of projects, delivering to time, budget and the required level of quality
- Management of workload and resources.
- Management and technical development of our structural engineering capability and mentoring/supporting our structural engineers and technicians.
- Support to the development and growth of our structural engineering team.
- Delivering margin / profit.
- Co- ordination and management of other discipline inputs into projects.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams on high value construction projects.
- Innovative and open to ideas
- Travel to other company and client sites will be necessary
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.