To support the continued growth of our Infrastructure Business, our Leeds Office is seeking to recruit an experienced Associate Structural Engineer with a proven track record of winning work in the North of England. With a substantial portfolio of completed schemes across a range of markets the successful candidate will likely be already operating at Senior Engineer / Associate level.
You will be a Chartered Civil or Chartered Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful technical and commercial delivery of design projects from feasibility through to completion of construction/handover. As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the technical direction, resourcing, mentoring and assurance of structural engineering team. Credibility, competence, agility and technical excellence are required. The role requires close working with our internal and external clients, decision makers, industry stakeholders and other consultants to develop robust design solutions through collaborative and proactive management of client demands - providing leadership from both a technical delivery and people management perspective is imperative.
An independent results focused marketer able to identify and convert opportunities in our Tier 1 markets of Higher / Further Education (Colleges and Universities), Cities & Development (Civic, Culture, Offices, Retail, Leisure) and Transportation.
The successful candidate will work locally, nationally and internationally to win and deliver work and there will be a requirement for flexibility in terms of travel and location based on project and business demands.
- Lead and support business development, work winning and bidding functions.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with key existing and prospective Clients
- Technical responsibility for structural engineering design delivery on a range of projects, delivering to time, budget and the required level of quality
- Management of workload and resources.
- Management and technical development of our structural engineering capability and mentoring/supporting our structural engineers and technicians.
- Support to the development and growth of our structural engineering team.
- Delivering margin / profit.
- Co- ordination and management of other discipline inputs into projects.