Atkins has recently defined a “One Atkins 2020” Organisational strategy. To support this strategy, GIS has defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way GIS is provided to the organisation, moving from a BAU focus to a Business Value driven organisation.
Key concepts include: moving to digital products, adopting agile across the organisation, leveraging cloud, and focus on supporting bid and delivery.
In order for Atkins to stay ahead of its competitors we need a suite of digital products and services that will meet the ONE Atkins 2020 vision. Working collaboratively with the Business and People and Business Operations community you will be bring the creativity, technical knowledge and commercial acumen to create BI and analytics which meet the demands of the Business.
Key Deliverables /Responsibilities
- Evaluates customers’ needs and abilities in order to provide appropriate solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise for key BI core functions
- Participates in work stream planning process including inception, technical design,development, testing and delivery of BI solutions
- Works on highly complex, cross functional and enterprise IT and business intelligence solutions
- Explores the data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends.
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Production of management information
- Proactively recommend improvements and new automated functionality to meet the demands of the business and bring cost and process efficiencies
- Works collaboratively with the Business and GIS interfaces prioritising backlogs as appropriate
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Enterprise wide BI systems.
- Develops best practices for report deployments.
- Strong analytics background
- A collaborative and consulting approach, to work in partnership with customers and GIS
- Be able to demonstrate breadth and depth of knowledge in ERP data and the use of an enterprise data warehouse
- Strong knowledge of MS PowerBI
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Knowledge, especially within JD Edwards, e-bus, SQL and SSRS would be advantageous
- Creative thinking coupled with technical knowledge, to help shape solutions
- Be flexible in both their mind-set and working pattern