We are one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
Atkins supports government departments and the defence, security and technology industries through the provision of engineering, technical and project management advice. Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience in this dynamic sector.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology business for a Bid Support Administrator to join the central bid support team, and assist in the management of the business opportunities and records which underpin our growing business. Career development opportunities exist in bid co-ordination and bid management.
This role can be based in either London or Bristol.
• Support bid Directors and bid Managers in the development of bid and proposal responses in accordance with customer requirements, prompting the bid team to ensure that commercial requirements and processes are addressed and completed in accordance with the Business Management System (BMS)
• Act as the main point for the provision of all administration tasks related to the drafting, refinement and final production of bids as directed by the appropriate Bid Managers and Bid Directors, including liaison with other individuals within Atkins as required
• Arrange various meetings required during the bid process including PQQ/ITT Reviews, Authors Briefings and Stage Gate Reviews
• Assist in the production of key documentation, such as Bid Pricing Approval Form (BPAF) and Inter Unit Trading Agreements
• Arrange for the printing, copying, signing, and timely delivery of all proposals as required by the customer and the Bid manager or director
• Regularly review the CRM system data and support business owners with updating records as required
• Support the identification and analysis of FATS4 notices and other opportunities received by the business or searched via websites and to distribute them to individuals within the business as required
• Support the development and maintenance of consultant CVs across the business unit, undertaking periodical refreshes of data to ensure its accuracy and validity
• Upload consultant CVs, case studies and other bid documentation to the Defence SharePoint site
• Liaise with Graphics when necessary to support the bid
• Produce new case study and bid information to proactively support bid development and ensure current material is in a professional and consistent format
• Provide support to any other requirements, including the management of any ad-hoc tasks as directed
• Assist the production of the monthly Bid Forecasting Report
• Regularly update availability plans
• Provide support in creating/updating generic bid information
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong copywriting and proofing skills are essential
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Experience in using SharePoint and Visio would be preferable
• Highly organised, strong attention to detail and able to prioritise work effectively
• Previous experience of the delivery of bids and proposal would be preferable
• Proactive and self motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team.
• Experience of using a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) in a commercial environment to support the tracking and management of opportunities (preferable, but not essential)
Bid deadlines may require occasional but substantial out of standard hours working. Travel to other Atkins UK offices will be required from time to time.
Security – Please note: Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to security clearance being granted