We now have a need to strengthen our local UAE Team to meet BIM project requirements. We are currently looking for a BIM Coordinator with a minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in production design and documentation of railways and underground metros.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases for project
- Manage supporting software for BIM for project
- Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit Architecture and BIM.
- Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit.
- Provide project support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Provide quality control for completeness, checking, protocols, procedures and adherence to company standards of all project documentation produced by Revit and BIM software
- Assist in enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Ensure the day-to-day activities of the Revit project team are aligned to DP’s DSD standards and ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of the Revit models
- Report on project current and projected state in regards to BIM
- Responsible to Digital Director
- Create a project plan for implementation. Who are the team members, what is the project, what are the goals, etc.
- Execute the plan, ensure staff has been trained, correct hardware and software to perform the BIM tasks for the project.
- Be able to demonstrate the projects BIM success by lessons learnt, and providing written executive summaries of the same.
- Attend and contribute to monthly studio BIM meetings
- Assist ICT with hardware and network support as it relates to BIM production for project
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Liaison with corporate technology support staff.
- Liaison with BIM Managers.
- Internal Training: Provide Revit Architecture Fundamental and Intermediate training to project staff as required
- Maintain high level of competency of software through continued professional training, and daily involvement of the same
- Prepare initial files for project teams at BIM project setup.
- Assist on all aspects of project work. (such as; modelling, family creation, maintenance, auditing, error checking, warning resolution, troubleshooting, detailing, scheduling and sheet composition.)
- Create Revit families in response to project need.
- Help resolve BIM design issues
- Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team, consultants and other project members as required
- Coordinate hardware/software upgrades with IT Communication
- Attend BIM model management meetings with all consultants as required
- Adhere to protocols regarding the issuance of models for coordination
- Adhere to protocols regarding all archiving, milestone, or record keeping.
- 5-10 year's production experience in design, drafting or documentation
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a professional appearance
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of all applications and processes used in BIM such as word processing, Spreadsheet, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 25 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Program – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
All applications will be screened against the above criteria and contacted accordingly.