Atkins Infrastructure business is looking to appoint a number of BIM Coordinators to support the delivery of civil engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of major projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range major civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Marine, Civil Infrastructure, Transportation, Water, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Rail in the UK and Abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients influencing policy and future technology.
This key post will be based out of Bristol where we have a thriving Atkins office and a number of major ongoing projects including nuclear, defence, and general infrastructure. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills. As a BIM Coordinator you will be a key part of the design delivery team and will be an experienced BIM user, coordinator with some management experience. Reporting to the Lead Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the project BIM design resources. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development for the right candidate. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
- In conjunction with other technical leads and the BIM manager, develop an appreciation of the client requirements-scope, Employers CAD standards, Employers Information Requirements (EIR) and project Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Provide commercial input to bids and projects as required
- Identify project (multiple) software applications and best approach to data sharing/exchange and model build quality
- Identify project (multiple) project geographic locations and/or disciplines and best strategy for model build quality
- Formulate and manage data exchange/drops with external participants
- Formulate in collaboration with other technical leads a strategy for integrating software to the project Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Formulate with the Global Design Centre in India a strategy for integrating its deliverables with other team member deliverables. Act as a primary project interface with GDC.
- Set up the project BIM Execution Plan in collaboration with team members
- Actively contribute to project design development by contributing to internal coordination, clash detection and design review sessions as well as external presentations to clients
- Manage the project model/s implementation; review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BEP: act as owner and guardian of multidisciplinary model
- Mentor and develop BIM Users, check and review working, act as a BIM “guru”
- Manage project BIM resources
- Assist Lead Design Engineer in formulating design deliverables and scheduling and project BIM progress reporting
- Actively participate in the production of models and in helping to set up drawings including local coordinate system
- Promote us of 4D BIM Project timeline modelling
- Ensure the upload to the CDE of the required information at relevant stages of design or data drops with support of the CDE Administrator
- Identify training needs and promote continuous improvement and innovation
- Technical awareness/knowledge of engineering design issues
- Awareness of health and safety including CDM issues
- Track record in BIM design and coordination including multidisciplinary projects and ideally demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment with particular emphasis on heavy civil engineering aspects.
- Proven experience of latest CAD and BIM industry standards
- Technical proficiency in the use of the latest common industry CAD and BIM design software packages: Autodesk (Civils 3D, Revit, Plant 3D), Bentley (MicroStation, Navisworks, Bentley View), Teckla etc.
- Technical proficiency in the use of the latest common CDE systems: ProjectWise, Autodesk Vault, AVEVA (PDMS) etc.
- Qualification/s such as:
- Level 2 (NVQ) Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
Level 2/3 (NVQ) Diploma in Engineering
Level 3 Certificate in Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction Design and Draughting
BIM professional qualifications (RIBA, BRE, ICE etc)
- A member of the Engineering Council (or an appropriate alternative) and an appropriate professional body such as:
- Engineering Technician (EngTech) is desirable
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate within a project delivery environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work successfully with Clients
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive and self-motivation
- Ability to exercise initiative and take ownership of project issues
- Valid driving licence
- Excellent time management