If you are inspired by working as part of a team that gets jobs done to the highest standards, take your career to the next level. Using your excellent technical skills, you’ll work on a variety of civil and structural design projects, including new build, reconstruction, maintenance and assessment works. Keeping millions of people moving, you’ll take on unique challenges and deliver bridges, buildings and structures on time and to cost.
Your experience will enable you to support a 30-strong team that provides engineering consultancy, inspection, assessment and design services to Network Rail, London Underground and leading rail industry Contractors. With projects ranging from feasibility to design to construction, you’ll roll your sleeves up to ensure our team always delivers great things. Instinctively driven to help, achieve and go beyond to meet client needs, you’ll:
• Produce, check and review outline and detailed designs
• Conduct feasibility studies and write reports
• Assess existing structures and scope and carry out surveys and inspections
• Help developing a diverse team of engineers and CAD operators to be the best they can be
• Chartered status, with corporate membership of ICE or the IStructE , or nearing this
• Positive and practical and prepared to manage resources, mentor engineers and inspire multidisciplinary teams to exceed client expectations
• Technical skills to carry out surveys and inspect and analytically assess structures
• A good understanding of reinforced concrete, structural steelwork and masonry, as well as computer based design and analytical programmes
• A track record of delivering a wide range of projects in the rail industry, including bridge assessments and designs
• An excellent communicator with the desire to take on management responsibilities and keep on developing your skills and our team.
Connecting countries, cities and communities, our rail team works on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel faster and more efficiently, we transform rail infrastructure. Together we work on everything from station and depot developments to multi-functional railway enhancement works. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
We’ll value you for going beyond to exceed expectations and deliver innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards and development opportunities.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.