Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure great career experience and opportunities are provided for you to take advantage of
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor within our Cardiff office. The role will involve supporting senior surveyors on a variety of projects within the public and private sector.
- Undertaking condition surveys, reports for a variety of public sector and private clients and managing the resultant works;
- Delivering a range of projects as part of our nationwide framework for public sector clients including major refurbishments and fit outs, external works and statutory upgrades;
- Regular Party Wall Award,
- Contract administration and management of alteration/refurbishment projects across Wales and the South West
- Preparation of design and specifications
- Assist with business development activates
- Undertake detailed measured surveys
- Promote the interest of the Assistant Building Surveyors and Trainees within the team.
- Support the Senior Building Surveyors in all their professional duties.
- Demonstrate a growing commitment to the Building Surveying profession.
- Demonstrate a real commitment to Faithful+Gould and its objectives and targets.
- Undertake a wide range of Building Surveying duties on your own initiative within Wales and the South West
- Learn and understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the project management environment.
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree and will be able to demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and professionalism.
- Member of the RICS/equivalent relevant accreditation (or sufficient post graduate experience to commence your professional accreditation).
- Full clean driver’s licence
- Be able to manage their own time.
- Have mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all work.
- Have an obvious ability to communicate.
- Display sound technical surveying knowledge demonstrating growing experience and ability.
- Present a professional manner and outlook.
- Understand people management within a team.
- Appreciate the need for highly developed client management skills.
- Be committed to achieving Chartered status within a demanding commercial environment
- Be IT literate –A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages, including CAD experienced
- An obvious ability to communicate.
- Professional manner and smart appearance
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiator
- Commercially aware
- Builder of strong working relationships
- Self motivated
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Results orientated
- Confident speaker
- Clean driving licence – likely to have to do significant travel in the connection with duties
- Good report and letter writing skills
- Innovative and proactive
All candidates will have to undergo CRB checks
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
• Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
• Attractive pension scheme
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Income Protection
• Personal accident cover
• Give as you earn scheme
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
• Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• IT related discounts
• Mobile phone discounts
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now