Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our established team in Nottingham.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first class service to our clients.
• A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable, whilst highlighting potential new or repeat business opportunities.
• Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
• A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
• Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
• Aware - you have an understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions. Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
• Working across a number of projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties.
• The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
• Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects
• Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
• Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes in Yorkshire and the surrounding regions.
• A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
• Chartered or working towards your Chartership
• Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
• Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
• Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids
• Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
• Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
• Meticulous nature and an eye for detail
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including:
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum.
• Flexible working scheme.
• Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
• Car allowance
• BUPA Healthcare
• Attractive pension scheme
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Income Protection
• Personal accident cover
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
• Childcare vouchers, IT related discounts, Mobile phone discounts.
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now.