We are looking for a number of Consultants, across various locations, who specialise in Business Analysis to join the team. Our Strategic Technology Consulting practice provides an innovative and collaborative culture where we seek to use our strategic, technical and delivery skills to develop new ideas and solutions to our client’s current business and technology challenges, as well as helping them navigate their businesses through the opportunities that the future will offer. You will work alongside Enterprise Architects, other Business Analysts, Service Management experts, Systems Engineers and Data Analysts as well as consultants from our other practice areas.
Assignments could entail you developing new operating models, defining new technology solutions, modelling detailed business processes, supporting the creation of IT strategies and working on Agile or Waterfall/Hybrid projects. Our projects are UK-wide and therefore some travel is to be expected.
The right candidates will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In return we can offer a rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and competitive reward package which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
You will be given significant responsibility for client-facing work from day one. All our Consultants are expected to have regular interactions with clients and to support senior colleagues in delivering specific project outputs. Consultants are also expected to make a contribution to business development. This may include being part of a bid team as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients or researching potential new markets. More specifically, we will ask you to contribute to 4 dimensions of our business, and expect you to demonstrate a range of abilities to support:
• Support Managing Consultants in their day-to-day interactions with clients
• Engage with our clients and/or representatives to provide day-to-day advice as required
• Work within a multi-disciplinary team or as solo operative, either on client site or in the office
• Build good and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment
• Gain client trust and identify opportunities for adding further value to the client relationship
• Maintain a flexible attitude to working in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Undertake methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of business functions and processes, the information used and the data on which the information is based.
• Requirements Definition and Management – Lead the development of business goals and the scope of change initiatives. Specify business requirements to a level that enables effective delivery of agreed changes.
• Facilitate workshops to develop inputs to your analysis and to share emerging ideas or final conclusions
• Support the delivery of specified project outputs
• Lead the preparation of reports and presentations to clients and other senior stakeholders
Ideally you will have a relevant degree and/or relevant professional qualification (such as BCS CITP status, ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis or IIBA accreditation). You will have experience of agile and waterfall delivery, and possibly how the BA works in a DevOps environment.
Team / service line development
• Support the development of business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies that can be shared to build the skills of colleagues within the Strategic Technology
• Be a team player with the ability to communicate and engage at all levels with a variety of stakeholders
• Demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues
• Be proactive in your approach to work and enjoy working with a variety of people as well as being comfortable with progressing work independently
• Support and contribute to the sale of strategic technology consulting services – including bid development and supporting sales presentations to clients
• Support the development and delivery of marketing campaigns for strategic technology consulting services
This role does not require Security Clearance but you may be asked if you want to undertake DV clearance in the future.