Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies employing some 18,000 people across the UK, North America, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe.
Our Transportation division brings together over 3,000 experts in the UK and India to provide an unrivalled team of people that can tackle the most exciting, difficult and challenging transportation projects in the UK and around the world. From advising on the future of aviation in the south east of England to complex rail signalling projects to forming new alliances to deliver the A14, the largest roads project in the UK – we have the capability and capacity to do it all.
We have diverse expertise and experience spanning all disciplines in the highways, rail and local transport markets both at home and abroad. Whether it’s a transport interchange, or the detailed design of a high speed rail line, no scheme is too big or too complex. Our key clients include national and local governments, Network Rail, Highways England and funding agencies worldwide to help clients plan, design and enable their projects.
We are looking to appoint dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive individuals to support our Business Development and Marketing teams within the Transportation division – key tasks will include the management, organisation and maintenance of key marketing materials, assisting in the preparation of tender submissions in response to business opportunities and developing bidding best practice material.
- Assisting bid managers in preparing submissions, working with resources from across the business as appropriate
- Assisting the Win Work Team in monitoring and maintaining the pipeline in order to track longer-term business opportunities in key client and market sectors so that team can respond accordingly
- Preparing research and client intelligence documents in advance of tender opportunities being released to brief the bid team
- Contributing to the ‘smarter bidding’ drive and bidding best practice initiatives to improve the quality, cost-effectiveness, system compliance and success of all bid submissions
- Co-ordinating, maintain and updating a portfolio of current bidding material stored on a MS SharePoint site
- Ideally, be studying a business or marketing-related qualification – an interest in (though not a technical understanding of) transportation issues would also be advantageous
- Have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written English)
- Be computer literate - a sound knowledge of MS Office packages is essential (other graphics and / or web-design software would also be an advantage)
- Have sound numerical / analytical skills and be able to present a reasoned argument
- Be committed to quality and attention to detail
- Be able to act in a professional manner regarding commercially sensitive information
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in their role in suggesting potential opportunities for improvements
- Be able to manage their time and work to strict deadlines
The role will be based in Warrington, Birmingham or London – although the individual will work as part of a national team and some UK travel may be necessary.
Deadline for applications: Friday 13th January 2017
Interviews: Friday 27th January 2017