This is an exciting opportunity to be part of managing and improving one of the busiest motorways in Europe, the M25, its key arterial link roads serving central London and surrounding area, and the A282 (Dartford Crossing).
Balfour Beatty are part of a consortium including Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK – creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
Deliver all drawings and electronic designs to the required technical standards and within the required timescale relating to the Improvements schemes portfolio.
Other responsibilities include:
· Prepare drawings, schedules, GIS and other electronic designs to programme and budget
· Professional and technical competence in CAD and information management.
· Ensure CDM and H&S is applied to all projects
· Ensure drawings are appropriate, are checked and meet the expected levels of technical quality
· To seek innovation in the delivery of CAD, GIS and drawings.
· Ensure the IMS and CAD manual is actively applied