Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Tampa, FL Water Infrastructure East Group as a CAD Tech-Water/Wastewater.
Under supervision, provides competency in computer-assisted drafting to support the technical services of the company.
Applies fundamentals of engineering design and production of drawings in support of water/wastewater engineering projects.
Performs computer-aided drafting and design work of considerable complexity. Incumbents at this level are able to work from verbal or written specifications.
- Work from detailed sketches or off redlines to prepare plans, profiles, and detail drawings in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 and MicroStation V8 (or more current versions).
- Develop construction documents showing topographical contours, elevations, profiles and cross-sections, as well as develop draft design engineering drawings.
- Understand and use established company standards for drafting including layer names; line and character styles; drawings and file names for sheet layout
- Analyze sketches, notes and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete drawings with minimal supervision.
- Inform Project Manager(s) of progress on assigned projects and request work when needed.
- Maintain organized work area to allow access of project information by other team members.
- Flexible in work assignments.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary.
High school diploma (or equivalent) plus six years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus four years related experience is required.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Candidate is required to have mechanical and detail piping experience in relation to WWTP.
- Strong math skill and computer user skills required.
- Expertise in AutoCAD-Civil 3D production technology required.
- Expertise in Microstation is desirable.
- Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or on a daily basis as changes occur in project needs.
Experience in water/wastewater facility design is desirable.
Seeking local candidates at this time.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.