Intelligent Mobility – Campaign Manager (Fixed term contract)
Intelligent mobility is a fast-growth global market valued at £900bn (globally) and £27bn for the UK by 2025.
Atkins has responded, building on our core capabilities in Intelligent Transport Systems, transport strategy and technology consulting by launching a strategic business plan and dedicated marketing campaign for intelligent mobility (iM with Atkins).
iM’ is Atkins’ approach through which we will show how the application of technology - coupled with our engineering expertise and deep industry knowledge - can better inform our clients’ decision making and encourage a positive change in end-user behaviour.
‘iM’ places users at the heart of our approach, focusing not only on improving the transit of people and goods, but also on transforming the infrastructure of our cities to increase efficiency and safety, maximise resources, boost sustainability, create resilience and promote economic growth.
Whether we are streamlining operations, integrating technology, optimising infrastructure, analyzing transport data patterns, innovating the planning process or improving end-user journeys, ‘iM’ is already bringing visionary ideas to life and driving essential progress for our clients and partners.
The role of the Campaign Manager for iM
The organisational context of this position comes at an exciting time for Atkins. The expanding iM portfolio, combined with an increasingly changing environment for Transportation, has led to the creation of the role to ensure the team is fully equipped to meet this expanded requirement.
Working closely with the iM marketing and communications campaign lead, iM Practice, the director of marketing and communications and Head of PR, the iM Campaign manager will lead the implementation of the agreed marketing and communications plan. The outcomes of which, directly contribute to the achievement of specified objectives which include ambitious growth/revenue targets to support the continued development of Transportation (UK and Northern Europe) – measured by increased awareness and take-up through its target clients, markets, propositions and services.
The Campaign Manager will be very ‘hands-on’ and have the ability to get things done. In addition, the role requires the interpersonal skills to negotiate effectively. The role is based in London or Birmingham but will require occasional national travel, as required.
It is the responsibility of this role to take ownership, develop, manage and deliver the marketing and PR plan through cohesive, highly targeted marketing and communication activities – this means you will be accountable for a broad portfolio of work, ensuring the timely delivery of agreed marketing and PR activities ensuring all deviations from targets (time, money, people) are identified and addressed.
This will be achieved through your own delivery, working with the internal marketing and communication team, (occasional) agencies, consultants and the iM practice team for all disciplines including branding, marketing, partnership marketing, digital, social, advertising, external communications in the UK (with the potential for global linkages with other sectors within Atkins).
Own, develop, plan, deliver and keep updated the day-to-day:
- The iM campaign, PR and communications plan and calendar
- All iM campaign channels (development, delivery and management) such as events, digital (social media, website), sponsorship, advertising, campaign PR etc.
- Campaign client stakeholder/client map and database
- SharePoint site
- iM team profiles and responsibilities detail
- Events calendar
- Project enquiry mechanisms (email/web)
- Other key communication and engagement channels (as defined)
- Plan, deliver, refresh and create content to keep messages and communications up to date, proactively planning PR (including media) approaches and responding quickly to urgent requests and enquiries
- Support the communication of the campaign internally and to key stakeholders – manage briefings, presentations
- Conduct analysis, feedback and measurement of the effectiveness and impact of the campaign - supports revenue and margin targets by determining the marketing contribution to profitable growth
- Support the development and delivery of the overall communication strategy, working with the iM team, marketing team as outlined
- Becomes a brand champion for iM and its services, managing all brand guideline requests. Ensures that directors, staff and stakeholders understand the guidelines that all marketing and communication activities are in line with the agreed approach
- Manages the allocated budget for marketing and communications profiling, forecasting and reconciliation
- Considers how emerging trends and changes within the sector can be reflected into the future marketing plans and opportunities
- Preparation of key internal stakeholder meetings, workshops and presentations
- Builds and maintains highly effective working relationships with internal customers, agencies and key partners and stakeholders, in order to fully support them by clarifying their business needs and to gain their commitment and buy-in towards a particular idea or solution
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to plan content and delivery
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure internal customers feel fully supported through regular, personal communications and support.
- Plan, support and deliver engagement channels, co-ordinating all content, materials, production, delivery and evaluation
Qualifications and experience – Essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a relevant marketing, PR or communication qualification
- Experience of developing and implementing cost-effective marketing or communication plans, with campaign experience in B2B and/or professional services in a commercially driven organisation as part of a high performing team
- Background in national or regional PR and/or marketing management/campaigns – with demonstrable experience across both disciplines
- Writing high quality, relevant communications for internal and external audiences across a range of channels for (staff/clients) and markets
- Proven track record of taking strategy through to action
- A highly effective team player with proven experience of managing integrated campaigns
Knowledge and skills
Marketing campaign project management, including analysis of issues, creation and implementation of solutions, providing communications across fast paced campaigns
Management of marketing within a range of complex and diverse projects.
Ability to quickly establish what needs to be done and ‘hit the ground running’, prioritising work and meet deadlines.
Introducing new campaigns across complex projects and organisations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent team player and collaborative approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadline across a wide portfolio of work
- High level of personal drive and determination
- Adaptable and flexible ‘can do’ approach to work – gets things done
- Political sensitivity
The role is based in London or Birmingham but will require national travel, as required.