This is an exciting opportunity to be part of managing and improving one of the busiest motorways in Europe, the M25, its key arterial link roads serving central London and surrounding area, and the A282 (Dartford Crossing).
Balfour Beatty are part of a consortium including Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK – creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
· To deliver a long term Whole Lifecycle Integrated Asset Management approach and oversight of the end to end Asset renewal investment process for the M25 DBFO Contract.
· To be accountable for the Technical leadership within the Project Delivery & Asset Directorate ensuring the on going development, knowledge and intelligence of our assets is used in the most efficient and effective way to maximise investments and performance on the M25.
· To work closely with the Asset Investment, Technical, Design and Scheme Delivery teams across both Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services to optimise the value of the Asset and manage risk, whilst minimising the impact on the network and the environment to achieve the Highways England strategic objectives.
· Undertake key contractual, nominated roles as directed
To work closely with the Project Delivery & Asset Director to formulate effective strategies consistent with the business strategy, setting clear priorities and objectives, identifying potential threats as well as opportunities.
· To support the Professional Heads in the on-going development of the individual Asset Strategies to reflect innovation and increased network knowledge.
· To review, develop and implement strategies and plans for efficient and effective preservation of diverse range of assets ensuring that the plans are achieved and the anticipated condition benefits are realised and recorded.
· To provide Technical input to decisions on all renewals, improvement schemes and lifecycle asset investment including support to the project investment governance processes.
· To own and manage all technical risks and ensure that mitigation strategies are in place. Lead and develop timely solutions to unexpected risk in relation to all asset categories. Drive consideration of ancillary risks (eg. Buried Services, Temporary Works)
· To lead the innovation programme for CPS Asset management. Identify best practice from within the industry, parent companies and elsewhere and adopt where appropriate in CPS.
· To proactively drive continual improvement throughout the team, identifying examples of applicable best practice from within parent companies and the industry as a whole, to develop new ways of delivering the required levels of service whilst delivering both cashable and non-cashable savings.