Atkins is one of the world's leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services with over 17,00 staff in offices throughout the UK and overseas.
We currently have a position available within our Infrastructure Engineering Design team in the Midlands area for a Civil/Structural Engineer specialising in water projects undertaking a variety of work for an enviable Client base.
The Civil/Structural Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of a range of clean and wastewater projects from conception through to construction. The role will require knowledge and understanding of UK standards and experience of local water companies will be beneficial.
The successful candidate will possess previous demonstrable experience in the UK water industry and shall be able to work both independently and as part of regional / national teams.
Main responsibilities will include:
- general data gathering and understanding of data requirements
- preparation of written reports, calculations, specifications and contract documents
- coordination of multidisciplinary project teams
- supervision of Engineers and Technicians
- completion of client reporting systems
- delivery of work to time and budget
- mentoring and supervising junior staff
- Ability to identify innovative solutions
The successful candidate will hold a relevant civil engineering degree/HND, or a related degree and will be or working towards being an Incorporated/Chartered Engineer.
- Design & Build experience with a water industry bias
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to generate and maintain hard and electronic filing systems
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Team Player with ambition to drive continuous improvements
- Familiarity with UK Water Industry practices including experience of CESWI and particular water industry design standards and specifications
- Taking personal responsibility to deliver results, demonstrating resilience and drive
- Proactive commitment to Health and Safety
- Chartered/Incorporated Engineer Status
- AutoCAD skills
- Experience in BIM
- CSCS Registered
This is a full time, permanent role.
This role will require the successful applicant to undertake site visits on an ad hoc basis, with regular travel to regional Atkins offices.