Atkins Infrastructure business is looking to appoint a number of Civil Engineers to support (and lead where appropriate) the technical aspects of civil engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range major civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Marine, Civil Infrastructure, Transportation, Water, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Rail in the UK and Abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients influencing policy and future technology.
This post will be based out of Birmingham where we have a thriving Atkins office and a number of exciting ongoing infrastructure projects including an extensive portfolio of regeneration and development projects, water, flood and drainage projects, transportation projects including HS2, waste transfer and recycling projects, as well as involvement in major nuclear and overseas initiatives. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we have a number of major opportunities in the pipeline which offer exciting roles and responsibilities. We will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills as well as growing responsibility. As Engineer you would take ownership of certain aspects of a project and be responsible for managing certain project technical staff, reporting upwards to a number of Senior Engineers. You may also be required to spend some time in client’s offices. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development for the right candidate. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
- Undertake a key role within the design team on variety of projects
- Management of tasks and assignments to programme, budget and quality
- People and technical leadership of certain project aspects, delegating to and supervising our more junior engineers and technicians
- Assist in implementing our project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems
- Regular liaison with clients to develop good working relationships; understand client needs and help propose best value technical solutions to meet project challenges
- Lead production and checking of aspects of design in accordance with relevant design standards and codes including client specific requirements
- Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions
- Helping ensure successful integrated delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with our offshore resource
- Helping to prepare tenders, working with internal market leads to help promote and sell Atkins services
- Helping to prepare schedules of work, work breakdown structures, risk schedules
- Contribute to Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015
- Technical execution of design, reports and technical queries
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
- Chartered or near-chartered Civil Engineer
- Demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment ideally with regeneration, development, transportation, water, utility and drainage projects as well as other heavy civil engineering experience (energy, maritime, geotechnical, industrial)
- Experience in design delivery including multidisciplinary design and ideally heavy civil engineering
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, act in best interest of team
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate to junior staff within a project delivery environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen and take instruction
- Confidence to work with Clients and build good relationships
- Appreciation of statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments; familiarity with utility, planning, highway and other key legislation requirements
- Flexible and responsive to project and client needs
- Proactively seek senior advice and counsel and willingness to take on board feedback
- Hands on BIM/Digital competency
- Proactive commitment to health and safety
- Valid driving licence