Atkins Infrastructure business is looking to appoint a number of Civil Engineer to support (and lead where appropriate) the technical aspects of civil engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of major projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range major civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Marine, Civil Infrastructure, Transportation, Water, Education, Commercial/ Residential and Rail in the UK and Abroad. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, with a broad range of clients influencing policy and future technology.
This key post will be based out of Bristol where we have a thriving Atkins office and a number of major ongoing projects including nuclear, defence, and general infrastructure. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills. As Engineer you would take ownership of certain aspects of a project and be responsible for managing certain project technical staff, reporting upwards to a number of Senior Engineers. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development for the right candidate. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
- Undertake a key role within the design team on major projects with a high Civil engineering and heavy structural engineering content
- Management of tasks and assignments to programme, budget and quality
- People and technical leadership of certain project aspects, delegating to and supervising our more junior engineers and technicians
- Assist in implementing our project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems
- Regular liaison with clients to develop good working relationships; understand client needs and help propose best value technical solutions to meet project challenges
- Lead production and checking of aspects of design in accordance with relevant design standards and codes including client specific requirements: Governance of design solutions to corporate standards and client requirements
- Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions
- Helping ensure successful integrated delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with our offshore resource
- Helping to prepare tenders, working with internal market leads to help promote and sell Atkins services with minimal supervision
- Helping to prepare schedules of work, work breakdown structures, risk schedules with minimal supervision
- Contribute to Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015
- Technical execution of design, reports and technical queries with minimal supervision
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
- Chartered or near-chartered Civil / Structural Engineer
- Demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment with particular emphasis on heavy civil engineering aspects.
- Experience in design delivery including multidisciplinary design
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, act in best interest of team
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate within a project delivery environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen and take instruction
- Confidence to work with Clients and build good relationships
- Appreciation of statutory consents, applications for connections/ discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments
- Flexible and responsive to project and client needs
- Proactively seek senior advice and counsel and willingness to take on board feedback
- Hands on BIM/Digital competency
- Proactive commitment to health and safety
- Valid driving licence